Saturday, January 31, 2004

Over the past 24 hours there has been 17 cases of "gastrointestinal symptoms including nausea, vomiting and diarrhea" reported to CMU health services. Food poisoning, anyone?

Due to the aforementioned event, most people either ate off campus last night or ordered take-out. I, however, put myself at risk by eating on campus due to (1) laziness, (2) an absurd abundance of meal blocks, and (3) frugality.

So far, no sign of food poisoning for me.

The week has been rather eventful. I spent a good deal of time machining and welding for Red Team's Darpa Grand Challenge entry. Everyone was (surprisingly) nice to me, except for Jim the engineer who said (upon witnessing I can tig weld and use a mill):

"Wow, who could ask for more in a girl? I can just imagine sitting here drinking a beer as you do all my work for me."

That ranks pretty high on my "asshole-ish things people have said to me in an engineering setting" list.

No comments: