Monday, February 05, 2007

Sydney (World Tour, Stop 1)

I managed to burn myself badly within 12 hours of landing in Sydney. I went to the zoo and played with the kangaroos which roam around uncaged. I want to smuggle out some hopping mice to keep as pets (cutest things EVAR!!!).

Tomorrow I head to Cairns, where I'm staying at a party hostel. I'm going to book a day trip to go find nemo.

It's been nice travelling by myself, since that means I can go wherever I want whenever I want, but I"m sure I'll get lonely soon enough. My hostel has a lot of people, but most others are travelling in groups. The good budget traveler cooks their own meals, but it's hard when you're travelling alone since you can't really buy single serving portions of meat/veggies/food/etc. and I don't want to eat the same thing every night for a week.

I will probably be posting short updates every few days, since I have to get online to send my mom the "I'm not dead" email every now and then.

No comments: