Monday, June 07, 2004

Arrived back in the US on Sunday afternoon. My flight was a whole half hour early, which is always a nice surprise. I got back to campus and into my room with no problems, and collected the critical things I really need right now from Stu's to hold me over until I can con someone with a car into helping me move the rest of it.

I started work the next morning; needless to say, it was a long day. I had woken up at 5:30 due to jetlag (at least I slept though the night...), and ended up staying at work longer than I intended, especially considering I had to make a run after work to g'eagle since I had no food. By the time I was on my way to g'eagle I had a huge headache, which made grocery shopping even less fun than it normally is. By the time I got back to my room I barely had the energy to put away the groceries before collapsing into bed.

I hope to update about my trip soon, but right now isn't really the time (I've been up since 5:30AM, due to jetlag, and I have to be at work soon). Look for an entry this week, hopefully, highlighting the past three weeks of bumming around Eastern Europe. Until then, here are a few of the pictures I took:



Charlie, Uncle Bill, and my Dad (Maastricht, Netherlands)


Stained glass in St. Stephen's Cathedral (Budapest, Hungary)


St. Stephen's at night (Budapest, Hungary)


View of parliament from Buda Castle (Budapest, Hungary)


Ljubjana, Slovenia


Church on the island of Lake Bled (Bled, Slovenia)


Lake Bled, with a view of the Julian Alps (Bled, Slovenia)

No comments: