Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Burn, baby, burn

A half-finished blog entry has been sitting in my account for over a month now. When I first started it back in July, it was optimistic and upbeat, and since then it has slowly become more subdued. Summertime in LA has been fun and exciting, but tiring as well. At first the nightlife and drinking and beach and boys were more than I could have hoped for, but now reality is setting in and I think it's time for me to retreat from the scene for a bit to collect myself and my thoughts.

We're leaving tomorrow for Burning Man, which is going to be *awesome*. I've been wanting to go for the past 5 years, but in the past school has always conflicted. Our group is growing, and I'm a little worried about how prepared some of them will be, especially those who are deciding to come along at the last minute. I haven't had as much time to prepare as I would have liked, but I do have the essentials- water, food, tent, fuzzy clothes, and fuzzy bike. Off to the desert we go...

No comments: